providing music therapy for over 600 in the community each week
As with most types of therapy sessions, the focus is on the client and the work of the therapist with that client. Our therapists are all nationally Board-Certified and have received years of training in order to support their clients. We typically do not allow volunteers to work with clients because of the level of service required. As a training organization, we do allow music therapy students or music therapy interns enrolled in a university music therapy program to assist our therapists with sessions, when appropriate. If you are a student or intern enrolled in a university music therapy program and would like to assist in therapy sessions, please contact our office. If you want to know more about volunteering opportunities, contact Sara at firstname.lastname@example.org.
– At Higher Octave Healing we utilize A LOT of visual aids and visual media. These items are well loved by our clients, and often need to be replaced or redesigned. A Visual Aid Assistant has great attention to detail, works well independently, and has wonderful art/design skills. This volunteer helps to recreate or originate visual aids that go with music therapy interventions and songs.
Are you interested in helping raise money for HOH through small events such as a wine tasting or fundraising dinner in your home? This is a great way to socialize with friends while raising money for a good cause. Use the form below to sign up!
– Occasionally we need assistance in our clinic doing a variety of “handy-person” jobs such as: hanging pictures, painting touch-up, moving furniture, assembling furniture and equipment, and other small jobs. Are you handy? Let us know you’d like to volunteer for this occasional job.
– We are always looking for volunteers to help repair instruments, replace strings, organize the instrument library and inventory, copy music, and complete other music-related tasks. If you are a musician and you are familiar with guitar and other percussion instruments used in music therapy sessions, this might be a great fit for you!
– We are looking for a Tech-Savvy person or two who can assist us with a variety of occasional jobs such as: setting up a donated computer, networking our printers, setting up our iPads and tablets, etc. Is this something you could do on occasion?
Host a Fundraiser
– As a non-profit, Higher Octave Healing wants to connect with people and organizations in our community. Several times each year, we host booths at local conferences and expos to share information about our organization, the people we serve, and the benefits of music therapy. If you are a people-oriented person and enjoy sharing with others about the benefits of music therapy, this Community Engagement Liaison position could be a great fit for you!